This diverse primary school in East Bristol are looking for a one to one teaching assistant to work with a boy in year 2 with low functioning autism (ASD/ASC). Ideally you will have experience of working with children with autism (ASD /ASC) and will know strategies such as Now and Next, or PECS. Although this boy does not present challenging behaviour to staff, he does need someone who is able to de-escalate and able to work with a positive behaviour plan. This role is for 5 days per week and is likely to run until Christmas or Easter.
The hours for these roles are 8.30-3.30 term time only, ideally you will have your own transport such as a car or bicycle all this is not essential.
Why join Five?
- No payroll fees! We prefer not to use umbrella bodies (like some other agencies) and use PAYE to pay our TAs and teachers, but we are happy to give you the option of working with an umbrella body if you prefer.
- Fast and efficient service in getting you out into a school as soon as possible from the moment you register.
- Experienced consultants who are often former teachers and with a huge amount of experience in the education recruitment world
- Quality free CPD in areas such as Team Teach and autism awareness.
- Continued support; we know how exciting and empowering it can be to work in education, but we are also there to listen to you when you need to let off steam or ask advice.
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check, barred list check, Reference checks, face to face interview and professional checks such as teacher’s barred list.
Call Matthew today at Five Education, Bristol on 0117 4226167
|Job Category||Teaching Assistant|
|Salary||From £50 to £70 per day PAYE|